We would like to thank all our generous sponsors for making this event possible!
In addition to Visit Tillamook Coast being the presenting sponsor, the festival is also sponsored by Tillamook County Cultural Coalition, Grocery Outlet, the Confederate Tribes of Siletz Indians, TLC, Fibre Federal, Vacasa, Berkshire Hathaway NW Real Estate – Garibaldi Office, Pacific Metal, the Oregon Albacore Commission, the Oregon Dungeness Crab Commission, Oregon Coast Bank, and Englund Marine.
The Port of Garibaldi Seafood and Spirits Festival took place September 8 -10, 2022 at our event venue that overlooks the Port’s marina and the beautiful Tillamook Bay.
This inaugural event brought in a fresh spin to the popular Seafood and Wine festivals that take place in Oregon each year.
We created our event with the vision to educate, bring awareness, and highlight the abundance of fresh seafood in our local community. This 3-day event had immersive experiences where our guests not only sampled Oregon spirits, but also tasted freshly harvested local seafood like oysters, seaweed and mussels.
We featured 15 local Oregon distilleries, wineries and breweries who sold product samples, glasses, canned cocktails and/or bottles of their products. There was over 30 other seafood centric vendors selling their food, art, products, and wares.
Our main stage had live musical performances by Chad Rupp and the Sugar Roots, NE DayNow, Mercury Coast, North County Blues, Katelyn Convery Band, Scott Casey and the Unsung Heroes, Ronnie Kay and Lauren Sheehan & Great Auntie Lo Band.
The event was also jam packed with educational demonstrations and seafood samplings by local seafood experts and chefs each day that included:
- Kelly "the Blade" Barnett from the Spot will be giving a fish fileting demonstration (Friday).
- Tom Krupica and Todd Perman of JAndy Oyster will be giving free samples after an oyster shucking demonstration (Friday and Saturday).
- Alanna Kieffer of Shifting Tides will be giving a cooking demonstration with mussels harvested out of the Tillamook Bay and seaweed grown in Garibaldi at Oregon Seaweed (Saturday).
- Executive Brand Chef for Blue Evolution, Maylin Chavez will be joined on stage by Tommy Gomes, the host of the TV show “The Fishmonger”, for an albacore tuna cooking demonstration (Saturday).
- Executive Chef Dennis Cavitt from Garibaldi Portside Bistro will be giving a salmon gravlax demo (Sunday).
- Clair Thomas, Director of Education for Garibaldi Cultural Heritage and U.S. Historic Boathouse programs will be demonstrating how to clean and crack a crab (All Weekend).
Many enjoyed the full seafood culinary experience!
Our Friday and Saturday VIP tickets got them access to a seafood dinner experience (and smoked meats, too!) catered by Garibaldi Portside Bistro in the VIP tent.
Many sampled all the delicious seafood and spirits, learned how to crack and clean a crab, filet a fish, shuck an oyster, incorporate mussels and seaweed into a meal and much more!
Follow us on Facebook to get updates on the 2024 Seafood and Spirits Festival!
Want to volunteer?
Contact Claudia Maciel, at 503-322-3292 or by email at email@example.com.
All volunteers will get free access to the event and a swag bag.
Contact event coordinator, Laura Schmidt, at 503-374-1424 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Port of Garibaldi Event Tent
107 Jerry Creasy Way, Garibaldi, OR 97118